Chapter 5: Seduction


*None of the following story is true and the storyboard is completely fictional. The character Ethan is only 12% based on a true person. ENJOY.

THROUGH THE EYES OF CAL
_____________________________________


          I can’t believe that of all people, I am the one who has to make the posters for the winter school dance. I mean, really? There are hundreds of students in this school, but he had to choose me.

          My back is ACHING! Lying down on the bed while writing is actually quite painful. GAH! I’m sick of it! SICK OF IT! I’m so annoyed. BAH! I want chocolate… so badly

          “Chocolate?” Appi questioned.
          “Huh, what?” I blurred out.
          “You wrote ‘chocolate’ all over the poster your making,” she giggled.
          “Oh, crap. I’m supposed to finish all these by next Monday!”
          “Oh gee, what a bummer,” she said as she sat on the bed.
          “I AM SERIOUS!”
          “Why do you have to make these again?”
          Coz, Derrick is the head of the decoration committee and he wants me to play a part in the behind the scenes of the get-together of people in love then all I heard was yuck yuck yuck,”
          “Derrick as in cousin Derrick?”
          “That’s the stylista,”
          “Ugh. Plus, love is so overrated,”
          “Seems 83% of our school’s population would disagree,”
          “You need to stop. Like, now!”
          “Whyyyy?” I whined.
          “You’re overworking yourself!”
          “But sis, I really-” then all of a sudden she walked off, “That’s rude!”
          She walked back in a moment later, “Hmm, did someone start dreaming of uh, I don’t know, Beryl’s-”
          “B-B-B-B-Bitter Sweet?!” I started drooling, “GIMME GIMME GIMME!” she quickly hid it behind her when I lunged towards it, falling to the ground.
          “Nu-uh, not until you come with me to see Monkey Cars 3D!”
          “Monkey Cars 3D?! Ya, duh!” I looked up at her, I was still on the ground.
          “Yipee!” she started dancing around and twirling.

          I stood up and we went to partay! YEAH! I couldn’t wait for Monkey Cars, IN THREE D! Oh, wait.

          “CHOCOLATE,” I demanded.
          “Right, there you go,” she placed it in my hand.

          NOW, we can yay, I thought to myself. Yay.

[AT THE MOVIES]

          >BOOM!<
          “IT’S LIKE THEY’RE ACTUALLY THROWING THE CARS AT YOU!” I SCREAMED. Ahem, I screamed…
          >BOOM!<
          “YEAH, WE HAVE TO SCREAM TO GET PAST THE NOISE OF THE MOVIE!” I made up from the mellow noises I heard from Appi which were no match to the-
          >BOOM!<
noises! See? Even my thoughts have to be loud!
          “AM I FORGETTING SOMETHING?” I think I am…
          “OKAY, MAYBE LATER!”

          Huh, weird. Maybe I’m too tense. Hallucinations… CHAKRAS, CHAKRAS! (You’ll only understand this if you watch Avatar: Legend of Aang SERIES, DON’T FREAKING SUPPORT THE MOVIE!)


[NEXT MORNING, BREAKFAST, B4 SCHOOL STARTS]


          Argh, why did I let Appi seduce me with chocolate? Now, I have to finish these at school! I mean, I already have tons of homework and now I have to make posters… THANKS SIS, THANKS!

          “Thanks for what?” sis mumbled while bringing her cocoa to the table.
          “Huh, what?” I blurred out for the second time, “Don’t say I wrote that on the posters too!”
          “You’re not even touching one! And no, you said it,”
          “Oh, nothing,”
          “Alright, what ev. You want cocoa?”
          “Neh,”
          “I have tini-mellows!”
          “Tini-mellows?” No Cal, don’t! “Stop it!”
          “Saying tini-mellows?”
          “NO! I mean stop dragging me away from my work!”
          “Oh, but, you aren’t doing any. I could have sworn that I said that minutes ago,”
          “Right. Then, okay,”
          “Tini-mellows!”


[LATER AT SCHOOL, FIRST PERIOD, IN CLASS]


          I heard that there was a new student coming in today. I think it’s weird, why would someone change school in the middle of a semester? Maybe he or she got kicked out of school.

          “Okay, class, meet the new student. Please introduce yourself,” Ms Major Heeley spoke.
          “Hey, uh, my name’s Ethan. I, uh, am 14 like the rest of you. And, uh, that’s about it,” the dude blushed as he spoke.
          “Alright, please take your seat,”

          He walked around the class as everyone found some way to cover up the seat beside them. English Literature was a crude class. Nobody had a partner. It was like a war zone. I decided to take pity on the dude and give him the seat beside mine.

          “Thanks,” he re-blushed.
          “No prob. Just be careful around the rest. They bite. Literally,” I spooked him.

          I took out the posters and started pasting and colouring. Sitting 3rd from the back was a very useful ‘tool’ in class.

          “Hey, watch ‘ya doin’?” he nosily poked around my glitter glues.
          “None of your-,” I stopped myself, remembering that I was the one who got him to sit there, “I’m making posters for the school’s Winter Dance,”
          “Oh, cool, cool,” he acted cool.
          “Yeah and why aren’t you paying attention?”
          “Coz I’m making friends,”
          “Look, it’s nothing personal but the boys in our ‘clique’ really hate newbies,”
          “It’s fine. They don’t control your life,”
          “Are you suggesting that I ignore them for ahem, you?” he sudden bended in closer staring at my eyes, “What are you doing?”
          “Your eyes are so hazel. It’s gorgeous,” he softly said. Then I suddenly heard Ms Major Heeley’s voice,
          “Ethan, in this class, students are not permitted to flirt,”
          “Sorry, Ms Major,” the dude mumbled as I embarrassedly blushed.
          “Thanks a lot, Mysterious Dude!” I rolled up my textbook and whacked him on the shoulder.
          “Not my fault she has a keen eye,” excuses, excuses.
          “Not my fault you said that!” I shot back.
          “It sorta is. You are the one with the hazel eyes,”
          “Says the dude with boring grey pupils. What, you jealous?”
          “Yeah,” he sort of started to daze into the clouds.
          “Wow. Your eyes explain you. You are so grey. Lonely little imp, poor you,”
          “Is it your nature to insult?”
          “Is it your nature to be insult-able?” then there was a ‘stare-down’ moment.
          “Touche…” he finally broke the silence. Then the bell rang.
          “AAAAAGH! Look what you did! You distracted me from finishing the posters!” I rolled up the textbook again and whacked him on the head.
          “First thing; OW! And second, I can help you… I mean, maybe we can work together to finish the posters after… school?” he asked.
          “But I-, I need to-, I’m very-, ah, okay, fine,” I gave up.
          “Cool. Coffee Bean?”
          “Okay,”
          “See you there?”
          “Okay,”
          “Alright then. It’s on me,” he winked at me then left. Hehe, *blush*.

          Why do I feel so…… fluffy? I don’t think it’s a feeling… but I feel it…


[LUNCH TIME]


          AAH! I’m scared. I really want Grey to sit here. But, what if they don’t want him to. They don’t control me. But they control half the table! Breathe, breathe. Whoo. Hee hoo. Okay, okay. Relax…

          I walked to the cashier with my lasagne and hoped he was there. Instead I met Appi. Piew! Now I am doubly afraid.

          “Hey, Co,” Appi greeted me.
          “Hey, sis,”
          “Why so glum?”
          “Uh, I still have to… finish those posters! Yup, that’s why,”
          “I see. That’s also probably why you had to think of an excuse, right?” No, she’s onto me!
          “What? No! No, ‘course not! I just have a dazed mind, that’s all,”
          “Uh huh, that’s why…”
          “Look, can we just grab a seat?”
          “Hasty,”
          “I am not!”
          “Ah, that’s the Co that I know,” we both giggled then walked to our usual seat.

          At that time, everyone else had already sat down and started eating already. I wonder if Grey managed to find his own seat. Him being all cocky, it must be easy, right?

          “Hey, Hazel,” I heard him behind me, at a reasonable distance.
          “Oh, Grey, uh… hi!” I muttered.
          “Who’s Hazel?” Todd asked with an eyebrow up.
          “It’s her,” Grey gestured toward me, stepping one foot closer.
          “Her name’s Cal, smartshot,” Carl snapped.
          “I know that. I call her Hazel,”
          “And lemme guess,” Ashley started, “Your name’s not Grey?”
          “Yup, the name’s Ethan,” he replied.
          “So, what? What do ya want? A happy hug? A goodbye gift?” Nate added.
          “I just wanted to see if I could join you guys,” he calmly asked.
          “Why should we let you join us?” Carl was getting annoying.
          “Well,” Grey started then looked at me with hopeful eyes. I looked around and saw everyone staring at me.
          “Why you all staring at me?” I let my thoughts aloud.
          “He was staring first,” Todd replied.
          “Yeah, we just wanted to see why,” Hayley added.
          “Uh, I guess it’s coz… I. Want. Him. To. Sit. Here,” I followed Grey’s mouthing slowly.
          “Really, you do?” Alex asked me.
          “Hey, he’s not bad,” I explained, “He’s just like you know, trying to find a pack. Like Carl was. Or like Julie was,”
          “Alright, fine,” Nate took command, “All those who think that we should give him a chance, raise your hands,” the girls were hesitant but soon later raised their hands. None of the boys did though; it made things even more awkward.
          “And since girls outnumber boys, he’s welcome to stay,” Cindy announced.
          “Yay, I guess.” I ‘cheered’.
          “Fine, but that doesn’t mean we’re all buddy-buddies here okay, dude?” Todd assured.
          “Of course. I wouldn’t want to intrude,” Grey replied.

            The rest of lunch went splendidly horrid. And by splendidly, I mean horribly. So it went horribly horrid.

******************************************

Sorry Ashley, your chapter is in chapter 8. Please be patient, it'll be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment